- 4 Tablespoons European Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Fresh Garden English Peas
- 3 ounces Pancetta, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces farfelle or bowtie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Boil peas in a small pot of salted water for 2-3 minutes. When finished submerge in an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Boil pasta in large pot of salted water. Observe package directions or cook until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add pancetta and cook until golden brown. Add peas and saute together for an additional 2 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat stock and cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat. Season with salt and pepper. Gently simmer and reduce sauce. Turn off heat and add peas and pancetta.
- Gently mix pasta, pea, pancetta, and sauce. Add reserved pasta water to loosen if necessary.
- Taste and season with with salt and pepper. Complete dish by adding fresh herbs and lemon zest.