*(Alastair Hendy is a former London Sunday Times cook and author of Cooking for Friends)
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely grated, juice squeezed from the gratings, solids discarded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 whole clove, very finely crushed
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, very finely chopped, or up to 1 teaspoon minced lime zest (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cooked chicken or therabouts, meat shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the ginger juice, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, clove, and kaffir lime leaves and chile flakes, if using.
Add the chicken and turn to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Transfer the chicken from the marinade to a large bowl. Stir the sour cream into remaining marinade, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 3 handfuls pea shoots
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Gently toss the chicken with the pea shoots and radishes, then pile into bowls or onto serving plates. Spoon
the sour cream dressing over the top and serve with pepper, if you like.