- ½ pound green asparagus
- 1 Envelope active dry yeast
- ¾ Cup Warm (110 degrees F) Water
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3-1/2 Cups All Purpose Unbleached Flour or King Arthur Italian Style
Flour (8.5% protein)
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- Place warm water in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Dissolve the yeast and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, oil, and cornmeal. Add the yeast mixture after it becomes foamy. Mix
and add salt and coconut flour.
- Gradually add flour and mix until the dough becomes workable. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead
until dough becomes smooth. Sprinkle additional flour if the board becomes sticky.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl and turn the dough so that it becomes coated with oil. Cover the bowl
with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise until the dough has doubled in size – approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Ricotta Base as Sauce
- 1-1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 teaspons Pizza Seasoning
- Combine ricotta, mozzarella and herbs until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
4 Thinly sliced grilled baby artichokes (Preparation includes trimming, steaming and grilling) Or use Grilled
Marinated Artichoke Hearts (Jar)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush baking sheet with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Split the dough in half. Roll each dough half and place on separate baking sheets.
- Cover dough with Ricotta-Mozzarella spread.
- Top with artichokes and any other desired topping.
- Bake pizza on the pan or on a preheated pizza stone for 8 to 12 minutes until the crust is golden and crisp.
Makes 2 – 15 inch pizzas.