- ½ pound green
- ½ pound purple asparagus (matched in thickness with the
- 1-2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat up a grill pan on your stovetop.
- Trim asparagus by cutting off woody ends and making the spears
- Parboil the asparagus spears for one minute and plunge in ice
- Dry the spears with a clean towel.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire or stovetop grill pan, turning the spears
- Drizzle with a vinaigrette (if desired).
- Finish the asparagus by topping each asparagus serving with shaved